Here's our "Sweet Caroline!"
As Caroline was getting ready for bed on Friday night, she somehow fell and put a gash in her chin. It's hard to tell in this picture, but it was very deep and over 1/4" long. After consulting the after hours nurse, I took her to the ER to possibly get stitches. After seeing how busy the ER was and considering how long we'd be there, I opted to leave and buy some butterfly bandaids. A nurse there gave me some steri-strips as I was leaving, so I used those instead, but didn't really know what I was doing! Then we decided she should go to the pediatrician's office today, so off we went. Her doctor was on call today and cleaned it out really well before putting good adhesive and steri-strips on it. It will heal well but leave a scar. 
We went to some friend's annual Christmas party tonight. Caroline wanted to stay as far away from Santa as possible, but posed for this picture so that she could get a candy cane!




3 comments:
It's so nice to see current pictures of your kids! I can't believe how grown up Erica is, time sure does fly.
Greg & Steph -
It looks like she survived her tumble. The kids look cute with Santa Claus.
Grandma
Kirsten didn't warm up to Santa until she was about four years old.
Glad to see that she has her priorities straight. CANDY CANES!!!
Post a Comment