Sunday, October 11, 2009

Trevor at the ER

I had to take Trevor to the Emergency Room two weeks ago due to him having croup. His airways were blocked and he sounded horrible. Of course, I had to take the camera with me just in case there were any picture worthy moments! We were immediately checked in and due to his age and breathing issue, we were taken back to a room fairly quickly. However, we waited in that room for over an hour for a doctor to come in. I remember turning the TV on and David Letterman was ending (so 12:30am). I know we arrived home right around 2am. He was a trooper, despite getting a little delirious as the night wore on. He was finally given a steroid to help with his breathing and we were good to go!

He stayed busy playing with things in my purse for awhile. This included asthma inhalers that I brought along and some of his favorite books.

I tried to keep him busy during our long wait in our room. He played with the light that is used on the wall in order to see x-rays. On. Off. On. Off. On. Off. On. Off. You get the picture. :) Here he is pretending to be the sweet little patient!

He did NOT like the ID bracelet that they gave him when we checked in. I think it was sticking to his skin. I wouldn't have liked it either!

1 comment:

Rebecca M said...

Poor Trevor. Croup is no fun!