Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Happy 12 1/2 to Us!


We are celebrating exactly 12 1/2 years of marriage today, January 13th! Also, tomorrow, January 14th, marks 15 years from the day we started dating! Greg surprised me tonight and came home with a dozen roses, a card, a chocolate bar that was split 50/50 (but really 60/40) for wife and husband. He also brought a pint of Ben & Jerry's Cherry Garcia ice cream - reminiscent of our dating and early married years when we would sit on the couch with two spoons and share the entire thing! Greg said, "We're half way to 25 years now!" Wow!

It has also been just past 12 years from when we moved up here to Washington. We can still remember eating the top of our wedding cake on our 3rd day in the state, that we were hoping to save until our one year anniversary. It had defrosted on the drive up here so we enjoyed it on our 6 month anniversary! White cake with raspberry filling! Yum!

4 comments:

~Cyndi said...

That is so amazingly special, I just had to leave a comment! What an incredibly sweet thing to do. Tony and I will be 10 years this June. Time flies, doesn't it? And yet it seems like I've known him forever.
I really enjoy your blog - great pictures of great people!
~Cyndi

Tara Lee said...

Wow - good for you guys! We can barely get around to celebrating on our actual anniversary!

Rebecca M said...

Yay! I'm so glad you guys were able to spend some time celebrating your marriage. That's important! :)

And Cherry Garcia is my favorite Ben and Jerry's ice cream.

Yummy!

Alexandra said...

Aw I know that this was awhile ago but I wanted to say congrats...I am constantly so impressed by the energy it takes to run your household and the dedication you both have to your family and each other. Love you, big sister!