Roller Skating
Two skates, eight wheels.
You can't understand how they make me feel.
Walking on air; that's a way to put it.
But I can't tell you - you've just got to do it.
Honestly there's really nothing to it.
That's all I really have to say.
So now I'm off to skate, skate, skate!
Mike Ross Russell
Two skates, eight wheels.
You can't understand how they make me feel.
Walking on air; that's a way to put it.
But I can't tell you - you've just got to do it.
Honestly there's really nothing to it.
That's all I really have to say.
So now I'm off to skate, skate, skate!
Mike Ross Russell
Last Thurday, I decided to take the kids rollerskating at the local rink. It was perfect, as it was a "Moms on Wheels" time and I was able to take the stroller onto the rink!
This is what the rink looked like while we were there!
I think there ended up being a total of 4 adults and 4 kids skating during the hour and a half we were there. Perfect!
I think there ended up being a total of 4 adults and 4 kids skating during the hour and a half we were there. Perfect!
When we arrived, Caroline had no interest in skating, so Erica and Kyle laced up. It was very cute to see them to immediately hold hands to help each other.
A few minutes later, I laced up to show the kids how to skate. It had been years since I had skated, but it came back to me almost immediately! I remember now why I loved skating so much! A few times, I had to just go flying around the rink alone to enjoy the freedom that skating always gave me as a kid (except the time I rolled down a gravel hill!).
Kyle did an awesome job skating for his first time ever! The wheels on his skates were tightened a bit to help him gain balance and move more slowly. I sense that they will be a bit looser next time!
Kyle did an awesome job skating for his first time ever! The wheels on his skates were tightened a bit to help him gain balance and move more slowly. I sense that they will be a bit looser next time!
Towards the end of our time there, Caroline decided to try skating. They kindly let her wear these skates at no cost and she had a ball trying them out on the carpeted area. I think I'll have to rent them for her next time!
Erica and I decided to rollerblade towards the end of our time as well. Once again, memories came flooding back to me, and Erica did a great balancing job as well!
And some videos...
The next day, Linda was here to play with Trevor. He always has such a great time!




No comments:
Post a Comment