Friday, May 23, 2008

May 20th - continued!

On Tuesday evening, Kyle had his first ever T-ball game, so we decided to let Erica choose a fast food restaurant for dinner after the game, where we would eat dinner, cake, and open presents.



Here are the girls, all bundled up for the game. It was windy and frigid!
Trevor was nice and toasty in this outfit!
Kyle's team picture. Do you know how difficult it is to get a group picture of 3 and 4 year olds?!
While we were sitting there, I discovered a second tooth in Trevor's mouth! This might explain his 4:30am unhappy awakenings the last few nights!
Kyle in position to catch the ball!
Daddy and Kyle
Here he is hitting the ball and running to first base!


Running home.....

Our family was just getting ready to have Erica's cake when our friends came in to join us! They had been at the YMCA for Jackson't T-ball practice (after Kyle's game) and surprised us! They are like family to us, so we were very thankful they joined in the festivities!

I made Erica a "money cake" for her birthday this year. A friend from college told me how it was a tradition in her family, and I thought it would be fun to try it! I wrapped coins in waxed paper and before frosting the cake, stuck each coin in a different part of the cake. I was really looking forward to how the kids would react and really prayed that they wouldn't choke!
Happy Birthday again!


Discovering the money in the cake...

Greg gave Erica a single red rose as a special gift from him to his firstborn little girl.
Along with a lot of other fun stuff, Erica received this adorable outfit sewn by her Grandma Pauline!

Other notable gifts...





Wednesday

The next morning, Caroline was playing with her baby and asked me, "Mom, where's your camera? Go get your camera," and had me take a picture of her with her Baby Christina. Too cute!

Erica lost another tooth! I think this is her eighth lost tooth! Flossie came to visit last night to retrieve the tooth and left a dollar, a pack of gum, and something else (that you'll have to ask Erica about!). This tooth took forever to come out, so I guess Flossie had time to go shopping!

3 comments:

Tara Lee said...

Happy Birthday Erica! Neat idea for the cake - sounds like the beginning of a new tradition.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Erica. Looks like you had a great birthday. Wish we were there also. Grandpa J

Louise's said...

Sounds like a WONDERFUL birthday! Can I call you Miss Toothless now?
Grandma Louise